Friday 27 December 2013

I wanted to talk a bit in this blog entry about the trip I made last April to the premier of the movie Shooting Bigfoot.

It was quite and adventure, a 2000km trip at a time in my life where things weren't going very well.  As a matter of fact even though my airplane ticket was purchased in advance I almost didn't go, but in brief I am really glad I did.

I got to meet the crew from FBFB and other notables like Christopher Noel, and some very sharp people from the bigfoot community.

The movie itself has been reviewed many times so I won't get too deeply into the content.  But I have heard it said before that anticipation is the most sincere and reliable form of pleasure.  That's an interesting statement, and I can say without a doubt there was no small degree of anticipation in the audience when the film stated.

Unfortunately Morgan Matthews was not there on opening night, but there was a secondary producer from the BBC who got up on stage before the event began and took a few questions from the audience, but there was nothing of real note said.

The opening credits ran, and I was pleasantly surprised by the great production values.  The film started with a two minute cartoon sequence featuring Rick Dyer's character with a double barrelled shotgun tracking a bigfoot as the credits rolled.

I can remember a few key points in the movie, and turning to the person seated next to me and saying "holy s*it!" when Rick got the ribs out and started cooking them on the fire…

Then the footage came, we'd all been lead (by Rick) to expect that we were going to see 3 minutes of HD footage of Hank eating ribs etc, and of course that footage (if it exists) wasn't included in the version that was released to the public in April 2013, but what was included in the film was a few seconds of footage of Hank walking away from the camera and a few positively amazing seconds of Hank rushing the camera.

Let me be clear on this point: the naysayers who have concluded it might have been a mask absolutely have NOT seen the actual footage.  It was not a mask and everyone in the theatre knew that much.  The footage left questions open at the time as to whether it was CGI or not, but a mask: positively not!

The footage of Hank rushing the camera is like a great white shark attacking out of the depths.  That is exactly how it struck me, like the footage on shark week; the creature rushed the camrea showing emotion on it's face, opened it's mouth impossibly wide, and then *klunk* the camera was dropped.

That's about the size of it; at the onset we in the audience expected much more, but as time marched on I thought about it over-and-over and I really do feel that footage was authentic.  And nothing has come up since that has substantially challenged that conclusion.  As a matter of fact (other than some criticisms Attila made) everything I have heard in argument about the footage has come from individuals who clearly have not seen it.

After the film FBFB and a bunch of us piled out onto the street and they called Musky who 100% stuck by his story and had no explanation why the footage was not in the film as promised.  I'm still completely in the dark as to what footage of "live Hank" exists and what doesn't exist, but for other reasons I am now completely unconcerned about that matter.

The bottom line is: the footage existing (although it would have immense value) is not nearly as important as the specimen existing.  Once the primary consideration is settled, the secondary consideration loses most of it's meaning.

Seeing how much of a grubbing Musky took it gives me pause to say anything else, but I will say that I am confident that soon my words will lose most of their meaning also.  -One man's opinion means nothing when the world is about to change.  There are three things which can never remain hidden for long: the sun, the moon, and the truth.

The truth is coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.